Some of us met a couple of hours before the party to catch up. It was very nice to see everyone. Some I got to know better like Christy, Shirley and Peter who were in the year following me in school. Ute and I were good friends in HS and have communicated via Christmas card mostly but we did go and visit her great family a few years ago. Loads of fun. I credit that stay with our aquistion of Beans, our Boston Terrier. Ute has two of them and was sitting two others the weekend we spent at her home and we all, particular Barrett, fell in love with Bostons so when the opportunity arose to get one, we took it and have been in love with Beans ever since.
Above: Francine, Sharon, Peter, Ute, me and Christy.
Once we got to the party, we of course saw Mr. Quan. He looked great. He was a baby when he taught us because he is retiring now at 63 years. Katrina played the flute for the event. It was a nice surprise to see her. Mitch teaches at the ol' Alma Mater. Great to see him. I have been trying to get in touch with him again. He is the brother of one of my best friends from HS, Marka, who passed on the year after we graduated. I still miss her. Above: Katrina, Ute, me, Mr. Quan, Peter, Sharon, Mitch, and Francine.
The next day, I went hiking with Sharon's household full....Eric and friends from Utah who were also staying at her house. Then later we went to dinner and saw a play at the Long Beach Theatre. We were going to get up early and hot air balloon but the wind or temp or something was not right. Too bad no ballooning but yeah for not getting up at 5 a.m. to do it.
It is great to keep up with friends and reconnect with others. Sharon lets me hang at her house and veg and they spoil me when I am there. Ute and I don't seem to let the years get in the way of feeling comfortable with each other like no time has passed.

No comments:
Post a Comment