
My mom turned 84 today. Japanese food!
I love that my mom's birthday is on Veteran's Day because I always remember it and I always have it off. Most important she is so patriotic. She was in an internment camp during the war and, though she doesn't appreciate it, it did not negatively affect her patriotism. She is proud to be an American, always has been. She taught me to never take my citizenship for granted. I remember, because of her life, that life has not always been as good as it is now. My generation is soft. We have somehow come to think that we are entitled to have a cush life, for nothing to ever go badly, or it is someone else's fault. It makes me sad and a little nervous.
My faith and eternal perspective generally keeps the nerves at bay.
My faith and eternal perspective generally keeps the nerves at bay.

No comments:
Post a Comment