Saturday, January 24, 2009

America's President

I've wanted to say this for a long time. The President is America's President. I was raised that way. I know when it changed. I was a kid and I remember suddenly something was different, instead of the President giving a speech to the American people...the end, the President gave the speech and then there was a rebuttal by the party who was not in office. Suddenly, the Presidency was partisan. I was sad. Of course the sentiment grew and grew until it got to the point that the President was only the President for his party and everyone else held their breath and hoped it wouldn't be too bad until their party was back in power.

I don't know if it is the times or my age that makes me see it clearer than ever before but I think it is the times....some people have spend eight years as Bush haters, Congress can't work together and compromise on any point, the CA legislature can't pass a budget and we are almost to the next budget year.

Do I agree with Obama's policies, mostly no, but he is my President just as Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter and all the rest were my President. I can oppose policy and respect the office and the person who holds it and I hope that those who didn't want Obama in office will do a better job at it than those who didn't want Bush there.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...