
Yesterday I posted this picture of George (taken from Carrie) with just the words "miss you." I got the comment back...who is George? What is the story behind this picture? The story is huge. The reason I only put "miss you" is because I can't seem to find the words to say it all. George: A great friend to my family, a sage and a grandpa figure to my sons...yes...that is him, but there is so much more. I still can't find the words yet, but I will say that, though most of our time interacting was in the ordinary, everyday moments that no one records in pictures, I have images mostly from Dillon Beach - a special place full of years of memories, time to chat, learn, hear stories, collect "treasures."

Gregory and George at Dillon

George and Sean at Dillon


George was always a great support to Carrie and the kids. Here he is at Girls Camp with HIS girls (Carrie, Kim and Tacy) and all of their friends plus some. This is a picture of all the Placerville Ward girls and adults that year. Good year.
I loved George too. I have memories of him teaching me at church. He will be missed. I loved seeing pictures of old friends, it makes me homesick.
ReplyDelete