Monday, June 4, 2012

Barrett's email, June 3rd


 a weird building


 just another day in moscow

Family reunion, the three of us with our trainers

Vladimir's son

car art (fairly popular here)



What a week. I cannot believe what happened to Greg's truck! Holy Cow! Tell him I'm sorry.
Congratulations to dad for the job and the calling. I am excited for him
Well, it's the last transfer until the mission merge. Crazy. Transfers were this last week. We got one new Elder and one new Sister. In mission terms, the new Elder is my companion's great grandson (his trainer was trained by the missionary who was trained by my companion). That's cool
I also had a visa trip this past saturday, and due to a change in visa laws, we no longer go to Kiev, we go to Riga! that's in Latvia. Yep, pretty cool. Well, except for the fact that we don't leave the airport. We were there for about an hour and a half, ate at TGIFriday's, and left. Latvian money (the "Lat") is cool. They have some cool pictures of trees and animals and stuff on their money. The only problem is that 10 lats is like 25 dollars but it feels in your hand like only 10 bucks. So on the menu you see the "Cheesy Bacon Cheeseburger" for only 6 bucks (ie Lats) and you think "Holy cow, that's awesome" and you get it without any thought to the fact that it was really $15. Latvia is awesome
Last monday, after I emailed, our district had our quarterly culture night. We didn't manage to get tickets to anything good, so we ended up eating at Pizza Hut and then going over to a senior couple's house, playing games, and watching "Yeralash", this crazy Soviet kids show that that native Russian companion I had said would make a great little cultrure night activity. It was pretty fun. And don't worry, I own the yeralash dvd, so we can watch it when I get home. hehe
Well, that was pretty much my week. Kiril is still awesome. He fasted and bore his testimony on Sunday. One of the ward buildings couldn't renew their lease or whatever, so until we find a new building, there are three wards at the Central Building. Kind of like back home with Placerville, El Dorado, and Diamond Springs, except the building is half the size. It's gonna be an adventure.
I love you guys all so much. Have a great week. Tell Sister Moore "Happy Year Mark" for me. The church is true. Talk to you later. Dear Elder is free
Love Elder Hamp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...