Monday, November 14, 2011

Barrett's email November 14th

Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday?

Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday



Happy Birthday

From Your Son (Savings Bank)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
1-5 were all supposed to say Happy Birthday, I don't know what happened to number 2. And number 6 should say "от твоего сына", instead of "сбербанка". But it's the thought that count, right. And I'm thinking Happy Birthday and Thank You, from your son


Holy cow! How am I supposed to write all that I want to write. Happy Birthday Mom and Grandma (half of the pictures are for her). I am so happy the package wasn't lost! Oh, my goodness! That makes me so happy. I am sending your package today. I am emailing first, so I can't tell you how it went. Wish me luck, I've never used a Russian post office before.
Way back in my first transfer, Elder [my first companion], told me that last year he and his companion bought calling cards, and then one calls in the morning and one calls at night, to get around the time difference. I haven't heard anything yet about this year, but I will let you know first thing. Did you know Russia is not doing daylight savings this year? Guess what that means: We are 12 hours apart! We are now, for all intents and purposes, on the exact opposite side of the world from eachother!
It snowed last tuesday and stuck, but it has only been snowing lightly since. I geuss last year, it was right after thanksgiving that it really started coming down. They said it started snowing pretty much the day after and didn't stop 'til march. This should be fun.
Oh, my goodness! Apple hill! Apple donuts!! I found a small apple pastry that sort of resembled a donut, but it just wasn't the same. I am so happy that you went to Apple Hill. I've only met a handfull, a very small handfull, of people who have even heard of Placerville, and one of them knew of it because they had been to Apple Hill. Oh, I love that place. And Thank you for the pictures!
Thank you for the weather report. Already it is helpful.
Gale came to dinner! Oh, I bet that was so much fun. How is he? How is everybody? Ana and Amy are still at it. Tell Amy I got her dearelder. Thank you so much for the update. And if I was there I would quote Kung Fu Panda "I see you like to chew..." but it's probably not funny at all in an email. Anyway, receiving her letter was the highlight of my wednesday (and it was a pretty good wednesday). How's everybody else doing? Oh, man, it's been a while.
The work is going well. There were three baptisms last saturday thoughout the mission, and one coming up.
Well, be sure to tell everyone how much I love them. I love you. Thank you for everything
Love
Elder Hamp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...