Things they don't have in America:
Email Letter: Sorry I missed you last week. We emailed early to fit in all our p-day activities. And we're doing it again this week, because today, we're going to the Masoleum (sp?)! I am very excited.
Yes, I get your attachments. I love the pictures! The recording I got, but the library computers don't have speakers, so I couldn't hear it. So I will have to bring speakers and plug them in. I keep forgetting. haha.
Concerning the rolled up sleeves. We take off our ties and roll up our sleeves to keep them from getting chalk-y. I think for now I am doing alright for shirts. I have been very pleased with all of the clothes I brought, and they are holding up.
I still haven't received the package. The office elders (who do the mail) say that packages can often take 6 weeks, because the post office just holds on to it for a while, for no apparent reason. So, How long ago did you send it? Is it time to start getting worried? haha
You saw Old Faithful?!?! Holy cow that's awesome! What a trip. I am so glad to hear you're all having fun. What was the Heart Mountain Interprative Learning Center (HMILC) like? I bet it was just incredible. I was talking to a babushka the other day and she asked about my family, and when she found out Grandma is Japanese, she had so many questions. I got chewed out a bit for not knowing more about her. haha
I think President S allows parents to come pick up their kids. Elder L went home a few weeks ago, and his parents came to get him. We went and saw some sights with them. It was a lot of fun.
So you are in Idaho right now? When will you be back in Placerville? How are things going back home? How's everyone doing? Do you still do sunday dinners? Has school started up again? How old is Steven now? Is he a Freshman? in college? how long have I been gone? holy cow
This week was a great one. We have been helping a family in the ward with a little remont on their house. The R family. They are the best. I love them very much. Sister Ryazanova is the nicest lady, and her son Anton is the nicest guy. After we work, we usually have dinner, eat some melon for dessert, and share a spiritual thought. Last time we taught them Elder Kahawaii's way of remembering the Ten Commandments with the little hand motions. It was fun. And somehow completely in Russian. haha. The people here are amazing. The most sincere and genereous people. What a blessing the Gospel is in their lives. They love it so much, and they treasure it.
Well, I want to say thank you to everyone who has sent me mail. If you remember sending me a letter 2 or 3 weeks ago, I'm talking to you. And if it's been less time, I'll get it soon enough. haha. Thank you so much. Well, Have a great week. Tell everyone I love them, Dad, Greg, and Grandma especially.
Talk to you soon
Love
Elder Hamp

No comments:
Post a Comment